Maintaining a steady water level in your swimming pool can be a daunting task. You need to use a pump to do that on a frequent basis. While your two speeds or one-speed pool pump may work fine, it surely incurs huge electricity bills. So, these pumps can be pretty hard on your pocket. Thus, it is better to opt for variable speed pool pumps. These pumps can operate at various speeds as you need. So, they draw a much lower electric current when working at a lower speed. Plus, they feature a durable build which makes them long-lasting.
Down below, you will get to know about variable speed pool pumps price and how it can benefit your pool sessions. Bring home the best one after you read the reviews.
10. Pentair SuperFlo VS Variable Speed Pool Pump
One of the greatest things about this digital variable speed pump from Pentair is that it demands significantly less wattage compared to other types of pumps while running. Compared to most cases, you can cut your electricity bill by half which indirectly makes the pump pay for itself. This pump has a nice control panel at the back that is shielded by a molded guard. You can control all the functions from the panel and its LED display shows you all the relevant information.
Another awesome thing about this pump is that it can work with both 115V and 230V connections in your house. No need for special installations to run this amazing machine.
- The control panel can show you everything from running duration to pump speed and watts being used.
- Comes with a pre-programmed run cycle so that you can use it out of the box at factory programming.
- Comes with a decent-sized debris basket to catch unwanted particles.
9. Hayward 1.5 HP Variable Speed Pool Pump
Hayward Industries is one of the most renowned brands when it comes to heavy machinery. And their super pump is the gold standard go-to pool pump for many years. They make some of the best pool pumps out there in terms of durability and this belongs to that list. You are probably looking for a heavy-duty variable pool pump since yours failed. And that’s why it is a wise choice to invest in the premium quality motor of this pump. It can last you for decades and the 1.5 Hp motor in this pump is extremely efficient.
It has excellent ventilation so that the motor runs cooler and quieter compared to the competition. You can remove the strainer cover effortlessly without any tools due to the swing-away hand knobs.
- For repair, you can get easy access to internal components with its 4-bolt design
- The strainer basket is sufficiently large and requires less frequent clean-ups.
- It provides a quick installation due to the presence of 4-bolt access.
8. Pentair 011028 IntelliFlo VS Pool Pump
Another awesome pump from Pentair that will suffice your needs and give you no headaches with its efficient performance. The IntelliFlo 011028 is a worthy upgrade to its famous predecessor, the 011018. This variable speed pool pump motor has the same great body and premium 1.5 HP motor. It comes with a superior drive system with advanced technology so that you can get more bang for your buck. When you want to service the pump or want access to the wiring, all you need to do is remove four screws around the control panel and pull out the connector.
No complications to deal with. Compared to traditional pumps, it also saves you as much as 90 percent on your energy bill.
- Perfect for pumping a 20,000-gallon pool for half a day.
- With integrated diagnostics, it is easier to service the pump.
- Can operate at around 45 decibels so that you can have peace and relax at the pool.
7. Doheny’s Pool Pro 1.5 PH Variable Speed VS In-Ground Swimming Pool Pumps
When you buy an in-ground variable speed pool pump, you want long-term durability and sustainability. This pump from Dohenys provides you with both of that and a lot more. One of its greatest features is a hidden gem. Unlike other pumps, it has a motor shaft made from top quality stainless steel. Hence, is protected and reinforced by a dense thermoplastic body. This makes it immune to most kinds of corrosion so that you can get a longer service life out of this pump.
Even its seals and components are forged from graphite and carborundum. As a result, it helps the pump to maintain its efficacy for years without giving you any trouble.
- It meets the stringent requirements set by ETL and CSA.
- Has protection against high temperature, over-voltage, and over-current.
- Shows you error messages and flashes alarm indicators for easy diagnostics.
6. Harris 1.5 PH In-Ground VS Variable Speed Swimming Pool Pumps
Harris has brought to you a fine in-ground pump that will take care of all your needs with its good programming and press of a few buttons. Whether you have a pool, artificial waterfall, spa, or any other such spaces, you can rely on this for all water applications. It has a large control panel with all the buttons and a brightly lit display. Hence, you can set the programming and monitor different functions with ease. With scheduled programs, you can set the pump to run at your selected mode with the quick-start button.
To save power you can use the ECO mode to run the pump at 1500 RPm. And when you want that extra water flow, you can use the boost mode to run the pump at 3250 RPM. You can edit the quiet variable speed pool pump’s functions according to your preference and special needs.
- Operates with minimal noise and saves you a lot of money.
- Graphite mechanical seals won’t get damaged easily.
- The motor shaft can handle a lot of abuse since it is made from stainless steel.
5. Blue Torrent 2 HP Cyclone Variable Speed In-Ground Swimming Pool Pump
If you are looking for a pool pump, then Blue Torrent has the perfect product for you. The pump is made to perfection with the best of materials and has a huge competitive edge against traditional options. The greatest thing about this pump is the energy savings it brings you. It is EnergyStar Certified to bring you as much as 80 percent savings on your energy bill.
You can easily recoup the cost of this pump with those hundreds of dollars saved in the power bill over a few years. Moreover, its versatile operation allows you to use it with heaters, salt systems, cleaners, and more.
- You can fix any defects or faults within a 2 year warranty period.
- The enclosed design of this pump keeps it dry and cool for optimum performance.
- Since it features slower filtration you get a peaceful and quiet pump for your pool.
4. Horsepower Above Ground Pool Pump with Cord for Clean Swimming Pool Water
The market is flooded with numerous cheaply manufactured pool pumps which are disappointing at best and dangerous at their worst. Mighty Mammoth offers you a pump that is strong, reliable, consistent, and doesn’t cost you an arm and a leg. Since it can work with the regular North American household voltage of 110/120V you can buy this without worrying about special installations. The 1.5 Hp motor works great and gives you a phenomenal flow rate for accommodating large pools.
Since it works with low vibration, the components last longer and give you an extended service life. The housing is corrosion-proof and strong enough to protect everything inside it.
- The large strainer basket makes your cleaning duties less frequent.
- It operates at 1100W which is pretty powerful.
- The high flow-rate makes it a winner already.
3. Hayward 1.65 PH Super Pump VS Variable-Speed Pool Pump
Another awesome pool pump from Hayward that is known for its incredible performance and high durability. You don’t have to bother yourself with petty problems when you install this for your pool. It has a variable speed motor that works at different speeds within the range of 600 to 3450 RPM. Combine that with its intelligent programming and you get the perfect speed for different situations to use the right amount of power and wattage.
This reduces your energy bill when compared to a traditional single speed pump that lacks versatility. Even if you are a first time user, the pump’s compatibility with Hayward automation makes the job easier for you.
- Can handle the volume of both small and medium-sized pools.
- To bring you maximum efficiency the pump has a fan-cooled and enclosed motor.
2. VIVOHOME 2.0 HP In-Ground/Above Ground Swimming Pool Pump
You don’t want to worry about voltage compatibility and other such crucial things when you buy a pool pump. You want something simple to use and doesn’t come with a sharp learning curve. Vivohome has heard you and brings to you an awesome pool pump on a budget. The pump is compatible with both 110/120V and 220/240V standards that are widely used throughout the world.
Its powerful motor is nothing to scoff at since it can create a water lift of over 55 feet. There is no need to worry about leaks or external damage either since the pump has an IP55 rating.
- The drain plug lets you discharge excess water after use.
- A clear visualization lid lets you look at the filtration situation.
- It complies with strict safety standards set by UL.
1. Blue Torrent 1.5 HP Cyclone Variable Speed Swimming Pool Pump
Another Blue Torrent pool pump makes this list due to its premium quality that has satisfied numerous customers and extensive features. Other brands get stiff competition from this product due to its workmanship and unrivaled energy savings. The 1.5 HP motor can deliver all the power when necessary. Hence, keeps your pool clean with its cyclic circulation of water.
Since it is a variable speed pool pump you can expect to have clean and balanced pool water. Furthermore, it does not shell out huge sums of cash at the end of each month.
- The quick clean button lets you clean your pool swiftly with the press of a button.
- Runs cooler and quieter than most other pumps.
- Besides, it comes with 2-inch ports for ease of plumbing.
Keep your pools clean as the above-ground variable speed pool pump or the in-ground ones are going to do a deep cleaning. So, maintain hygiene and live healthily.