Are you new to tattooing and looking for your first machine? Or maybe you’re a professional looking for a new tattoo machine to add to your collection? Whichever the case, you need the best-quality tattoo machines to display your art. After all, human skin isn’t a canvas. Instead, it’s a part of the body you’re going to stick with. Hence, you want to ensure you choose the best tattoo machine that doesn’t have serious safety implications or nasty side effects.
In this article, we include a variety of high-quality models for shading, lining, and color works. Not to mention, we have models for both beginners and trained professionals. So, take time to find out what works best for you.
Table of the Best Tattoo Machine Reviews
10. Dragonhawk Mast Tattoo Pen – Rotary Tattoo Machines with 20Pcs
Dragonhawk is one brand that continues to outdo itself. It has decent tattoo machines in its arsenal. Among the most outstanding is this rotary tattoo pen. It’s extremely lightweight (120g) and manoeuvrable. As such, it offers the feel of an actual pen. Not to mention, the pen-style shape provides better grip and control. Hence, it’s excellent for anyone who wants great precision in a tattoo machine.
Despite the size, this tattoo machine has a powerful high-quality Japanese motor. The motor uses a gear shift system. Thus, it’s quiet and free of vibrations. Powerful as it is, the machine doesn’t get hot. Moreover, it has an aluminum body that quickly cools down. Dragonhawk mast pen has an interchangeable stroke length of 3.5 to 2.8mm. Thus, it’s perfect for both shading and lining. The machine comes in a kit comprising a storage case and cartridge needles.
- Pen size design offers complete accuracy and control
- Interchangeable stroke length to suit a wide variety of styles and techniques
- Powerful yet quiet Japanese motor
- Comes as a full kit to get you started right away
9. Solong Tattoo Complete Starter Beginner Tattoo Machine Kit
Solong is one of the pioneers of tattoo art. Hence, it’s a reliable brand you can trust. Solong Tattoo TK459 is among its most highly recommended tattoo kits. This complete tattoo kit offers everything that most brands tend to neglect. For the record, it’s among the most extensive tattoo sets for beginners.
The package includes 4 machine guns ideal for lining and shading. Also, it comes with 54 popular tattoos inks for beginners. The inks are safe for all types of skin; hence guarantee your safety. Aside from that, the kit includes tattoo needles, tattoo tips, tattoo grips, and ink cups. Not to mention, an aluminum case for easy storage and transportation.
- Four rotary machine guns for lining and shading
- Useful guideline to help novice artists get started
- 54 tattoo inks offer a wide selection of colors safe for all types of skin
- The complete package makes it ready to go out of the box
8. Dragonhawk Cartridge Tattoo Machines – Pen Rotary Tattoo Machine Cartridge
Are you looking to get into the cosmetic tattoo industry? Well, Dragonhawk Atom tattoo pen is one machine you can’t afford to ignore. It’s a quiet, compact, and ultra-light tattoo pen. Hence, you can use it hours on end without getting tired. As small as it is, this tattoo pen is pretty powerful. It delivers 9000 strokes per minute. Not to mention, it has an adjustable stroke length of 3.5 to 4.5mm. As such, it’s ideal for both shading and lining.
Space aluminum adds durability. At the same time, it gives the tattoo pen a premium look. Moreover, the pen comes with a unique kit. It comprises needles, a power supply, and a carry case for easy portability.
- Adjustable stroke length for lining, shading, and color packer
- The translucent material allows you to monitor the length of the needle
- Ultra-portable and quiet to minimize user fatigue
- The full kit gives you a head-start
7. Dragonhawk Coil Tattoo Machine – Tattoo Supplies for Tattoo Artists
Are you looking for an all-in-one tattoo machine for beginners? Well, Dragonhawk 2-2YMX tattoo kit is up for the task. It has everything you need to create your first tattoo. The package includes two coil machines. There’s one for lining and the other for shading. Also, the coils are made of cast-iron for maximum durability.
The built-in LCD is another useful feature. It allows you to check the status of the machine accurately. Not to mention, it makes it easier to adjust the voltage. Furthermore, the machine has circuit protection. Therefore, you can use without any fear of damage. Other items in the package include 20 needles and a travel case.
- Built-in LCD for checking and adjusting the voltage
- Two coil machines for shading and lining
- Cast-iron material guarantees longevity
- A complete kit offers an all-in-one package for beginners
6. Solong Professional Rotary Tattoo Pen Machine
This is a pen-style tattoo machine. It’s lightweight and with an ergonomic design. Hence, it offers complete control and manoeuvrability. For the record, this tattoo pen weighs only 169g. Also, it has an adjustable stroke length of up to 4mm. Thanks to a ratcheting system, you can lock-in the depth setting easily.
Moreover, the machine offers accurate voltage adjustment for both shading and lining works. Thanks to aircraft-grade aluminium alloy, this is one machine that’s built to last. Well, this pen-style machine comes in a kit comprising 20 needles, power supply, travel case, and other accessories.
- Adjustable grip fits all needles
- Ergonomic and lightweight pen-style design
- Space aluminum and anodized finish for lifetime durability
- 8 inks power supply lets you adjust the voltage more accurately
- Complete tattoo kit
5. Wormhole 1 Pro Tattoo Machine Kits SL-TK033
Wormhole has one of the best tattoo kits. The 1 Pro tattoo kit is among the most affordable. Hence, those on a tight budget will find it quite handy. Though inexpensive, the coil machine in the kit is quite powerful. It allows the ink to penetrate deep into the skin. Thus, the colour and vibrancy of the tattoo tend to last longer. Moreover, it’s a dual-purpose coil tattoo for shading and lining.
Also, the kit includes a 10 ink power supply that enables you to adjust the output voltage. The kit comes with an online guide that gives ideas on how to use it. Furthermore, it includes 30 tattoo needles to choose from.
- 10 inks power supply for adjusting the output voltage
- Dual-purpose coil tattoo for lining and shading
- Complete inexpensive kit for learners and beginners
4. Wormhole Tattoo Complete Tattoo Kits for Beginners – Tattoo Supplies
Wormhole 2 Pro is another affordable tattoo kit for middle-income users. Like the I pro kit, it’s specially designed for beginners and learners. The kit has two dual-purpose coil tattoo machines. Hence, you can use it for both shading and lining.
Moreover, this value kit comes with a 10-ink power supply. It provides stable, continuous voltage. Not to mention, it has an LED screen that enables you to adjust the voltage more accurately. Among other things, the kit includes 30 needles and a foot pedal.
- Complete value kit for beginners
- Two dual-purpose coil tattoo machines for line and shader
- The LED power supply provides a stable voltage
3. Dragonhawk Beginner Traditional Coil Tattoo Machines
Dragonhawk starter kit features the most tattoo machines in one set. It has 9 coil tattoo machines. Among these, 5 are classic-style coil tattoo machines. The remaining 4 are specially designed for beginner tattooers. Not to mention, they’re ideal for both lines and shading. Also, these tattoo machines feature low vibration. As such, they’re less tiring to operate.
Moreover, the kit includes a power supply. Featuring a digital display and foot pedal controller, it allows for accurate adjustments. Other items in the kit include 50 needles and 10 inks.
- 9 stater coil tattoo machines for lines and shading
- Lightweight design and low vibrations minimize user fatigue
- Pedal controller and digital display for accurate voltage adjustments
- High-quality iron frame for lifetime durability
2. Hawink Rotary Short Pen Tattoo Machine
Hawink CNC boasts absolutely classy and exclusive tattoo machines. This rotary pen tattoo is one machine that stands out. It adopts excellent craftsmanship and materials. So, even though it costs a bit more than other models, it offers more value for money. Aircraft aluminium alloy, for instance, provides premium quality. This tattoo machine not only offers the flexibility of pen machines but also the efficiency of rotary machines.
Moreover, it’s heat-resistant, allowing it to run longer without getting hot. Again, this rotary pen tattoo machine has low noise. The maximum stroke is 3.5mm. Not to mention, it’s adjustable for both shading and lining tasks.
- Ultra-light construction(128g) and pen-style design offers more freedom of movement for better precision
- Aircraft aluminium guarantees premium quality
- The quiet yet powerful motor offers super-stable performance
- Heat-resistant construction offers more run time
1. Stigma Complete Rotary Tattoo Machine Power Supply Color Inks
Do you want a cheaper rotary tattoo kit? Well, look no further than the Stigma complete tattoo kit. It’s among the cheapest kits out there for hobbyists. However, professionals who are just getting started will find it handy as well. The kit includes a rotary machine that’s quieter than coil tattoo machines. At the same time, it’s versatile enough for shading and lining tasks.
Also, the kit includes 20 needles and 5 high-quality inks. Well, the inks aren’t crated for human skin. But then, the package includes a practice skin you can experiment on. Furthermore, it comes with a travel case to keep everything organized for safe storage.
- Powerful and quiet rotary tattoo machine ideal for shading and lining
- Basic kit gives beginners first-hand experience of using a rotary machine
- Carrying case for storage and transportation