When you are going camping, a hike, or a road trip, you need to carry a lot of things with you. However, it is not possible to fit everything in the trunk of your car. Well, that is the reason why you should opt for roof rack baskets. Fits on the roof of your car or vehicle, these baskets can easily carry your extra luggage and equipment. Made of high-quality materials, these baskets are highly durable and serve you for a long time.
If you are not sure about what brands to look for and how to buy, here are the most trusted roof rack basket brands. Read about their features and get to know their products well.
Table of the Best Roof Rack Baskets Reviews
10. MaxxHaul 150 lb. Steel Roof Rack Basket
Now you can get all the extra cargo space you wanted on your vehicle with this steel roof rack basket from Maxxhaul. The best thing about this rack is that it doesn’t need any special installations. You can easily install it on the crossbar of your car or truck. With a length of 46-inches and a width of 36-inches, it provides ample space for big cargo. Hence, I cant go in the trunk. This rack is especially useful when you want to go camping or want to move to your new home with your old furniture.
For quick and easy installation, the rack also comes with a U-bolt mounting system. With a maximum load capacity of 150 pounds, you can haul a generous volume of cargo
- Due to the all-steel construction, you won’t have to worry about damage to the rack.
- No chance of tripping and falling as the rail will guard it well.
- It is powder-coated for protection against external elements and rust.
9. ROLA 59504 V-Tex Car Rooftop Cargo Basket
With the rise of compact SUVs and hatchbacks cargo space in the trunk seems to be shrinking every day. That’s why you need this heavy-duty roof rack from Rola for that extra hauling capacity. Most racks need to be assembled and their tubular construction may leave some gap for water to get in and rust the whole structure. To solve that problem this rack comes with tight rubber pieces. Hence, cover and seal the assembly points nicely to block off all external elements including moisture and dust.
For a better assembly, you can also put some silicone at the points to keep them in their place. The rails also have ample space in between them. Hence, you can secure your cargo with stretchable straps and overcome the bumpy and uneven terrain.
- Comes with a removable air deflector redirect wind flow at the front.
- Tubes are made from steel and their thickness makes the rack suitable for extreme use.
- You can easily install it with the included mounting accessories on the flat bars on the roof of your vehicle.
8. ARKSEN Universal Roof Rack Cargo Carrier – Car Top Luggage Carrier
Arksen has made this universal roof rack basket with heavy-duty steel. This stands above aluminum construction both in terms of durability and strength. While alternative roof racks made from aluminum may be lightweight, they won’t be able to give you the long term stability of steel. Due to its steel construction, this rack also allows you to carry loads as heavy as 150 pounds. That means you can go on your adventures unrestricted.
There is no need to cut down on comfort when you go camping. Due to its large size of over 5 feet, you can also carry extra volume. This isn’t possible on most other roof rack baskets in the market.
- Comes with U-bolts for easy installation on flat bars.
- With the extension module, you can increase the capacity of the rack.
- Wind fairing can be reversed for a stealthy look.
7. EGO BIKE Universal Car Roof Storage Rack
Ego Bike presents to you a new roof rack that lets you carry anything and everything wherever you want. It is long at around 64 inches and this lets you haul more cargo as long as you don’t exceed its weight limit. Given a high roof rack basket weight capacity, you shouldn’t require overloading the rack either. While the industry standard usually sticks around 150 pounds, this is more heavy-duty and has a capacity of 250 pounds.
Due to steel construction and black powder coating, it isn’t just durable but also boasts weather resistance. For protecting the inner part of the tube from rusting you can use a silicone sealant at the assembly points.
- To hold your cargo in place rails have a diameter of 1 inch and sit tall at over 6-inches.
- Can be installed on both round and crossbars on your car’s roof.
- Bolts have large extensions so that you can easily tighten them with your hands.
6. 7BLACKSMITHS Roof Rack Basket for Cars, Truck & SUV
7Blacksmiths always take a unique approach when it comes to roof racks. This one from the brand is made with heavy metal bars and tubing that makes it practical. Hence, will last you for a long time. Once you install it on your vehicle, you can put everything on the roof rack basket carrier that can’t go in the car. Moreover, it comes with installation hardware and accessories that make your job a lot easier. Whether you have factory-installed crossbars, round, aero, or flat crossbars, this thing can be installed with ease.
Wide bolt spacing on the rack also makes it a safer installation without any rattling or instabilities. You don’t have to hear an annoying noise whenever you are going on a skiing or camping trip.
- Side rails allow for numerous tie-down points to keep your things secured.
- Even the heaviest cargo can be handled by the 250 pound capacity of this rack.
- Despite its heavy capacity, the rack itself is lightweight at around 36 pounds.
5. XCAR Roof Rack Storage Carrier Basket for Car
Xcar offers you a phenomenal deal with its roof rack carrier. You get a solid, well-built, and long-lasting product that doesn’t break the budget. You can go on any environment or terrain in any weather conditions without worrying about damage to this rack. It has a black powder coating that shields it from the onslaught of elements like rain and dust. The rack won’t get rusted or corroded easily.
Furthermore, it also boasts an impressive load capacity of 150 pounds thanks to the heavy-duty steel construction. You get more bang for your buck since you can use the rack for years without any worry.
- Mounting brackets clamp on your crossbars tightly with the help of the bolts for a snug fit.
- The extension module allows you to change the size of the rack according to your vehicle dimensions.
- Also, the rack won’t get damaged or bend easily. The steel tubing used for construction is thick and reinforced properly at all the stress points.
4. Tyger Heavy Duty Roof Cargo Basket Rack – Roof Top Luggage Carrier
Tyger Auto presents to you an impressive roof rack that allows you to clear up space in your car. Hence, free your seats from cargo for a fun time with more family and friends. The greatest feature of this rack is probably its build quality. While other rack manufacturers like to use thick tubing for their frames, they can’t compare to this one from Tyger.
The frame is constructed from visibly thick steel tubing. Hence, it can tolerate endless abuse from the bumps and shocks of rough terrain. You can mount it with confidence without any issues.
- Tie-down points around the rack are plentiful to restrict the movement of your cargo
- The windshield at the front protects your cargo from air damage and helps to maintain the aerodynamics of the vehicle.
- Load it up evenly as this comes with a 3-year warranty period
3. MPH Universal Truck Roof Rack – Cargo Car Top Luggage Carrier Basket
MPH has created a minimal yet effective basket that can help you to haul heavy cargo without blocking up the seats. Seats are meant for passengers and this rack helps you to keep it that way. Unlike most other rival products in the market, this one delivers with its weight capacity. While other manufacturers boast a load capacity of 250 pounds this one puts everyone else to shame with its 500-pound benchmark.
So your heavy wide kayak, multiple mountain bikes, ski gear, and all other kinds of heavy load can go on the rack without any problems. Lastly, clamping mount bolts have smooth rounded knobs so that you don’t feel any discomfort during installation.
- Wind faring is made from steel and won’t crack when it deflects windborne debris.
- It will not make squeaky noises and irritate you.
- Perfect for carrying extra cargo and luggage as well as equipment for camping.
2. TUFFIOM Roof Top Cargo Carrier Rack with Extension and Net
Tuffiom has an irresistible deal that will put all the competition to shame. The brand offers you a superior roof rack basket with a net at an unbelievably low price. You can save the extra money on adding other accessories to your car. The rack can withstand all kinds of situations and won’t get damaged or scratched easily.
Well, it has been made from heavy-duty steel that is renowned for its high strength. It also comes with convenient hardware so that you can assemble the rack within mere minutes.
- The free cargo net is strong and helps you to secure your luggage.
- Walls are 6-inches high and prevent your cargo from falling.
- Furthermore, it comes with a special windshield in the front which protects the cargo from wind damages.
1. CURT Steel Roof Rack Rooftop Cargo Carrier
The Curt universal cargo rack is a great way to gain extra storage on your vehicle without shelling out huge sums of cash. It is compatible with the roof rails of most vehicles and it is easy to install with its provided U-bolts. You don’t even need any tools while mounting the rack to the roof of the car.
With 11 square feet of cargo area, you get enough space for your luggage. And if the need arises, you can also extend the space up to 17-square feet. Lastly, the carbide black powder coat protects your rack from corrosion and scratches.
- Bottom bars are spaced adequately to prevent cargo from falling out.
- Besides, it mounts to most of the crossbars of roof racks with ease.
All the travel essentials will now be placed with the utmost care. The roof rack storage baskets will provide you with a lot of space to keep every item in an organized manner.