Are you looking for the best power racks that will take your home gym to the next level? Power racks, sometimes referred to as power cages, are a staple for strength training. From deadlifts, bench presses, dips, pull-ups, to squats, the versatility, and effectiveness of power racks can’t be ignored. Far from being incredibly versatile, power racks make heavy lifts safer. However, there’s no point spending a fortune on something that doesn’t offer value for money. To avoid that, you need to do a good amount of research.
Luckily, we’ve got you covered. To help you make the best possible choice, this article reviews the best power cages and racks for your home and garage gym.
Table of the Best Power Racks Reviews
10. Vanswe 100-Pound Power Racks – Power Cage – Home Gym Equipment Exercise Stand Olympic Squat Cage
If you have finally decided to stop being lazy and get in shape, this power rack is for you. It’s ideal for home workout and goes a long way in keeping you healthy and fit. Well, this is a pretty sturdy power rack, boasting a 2-inch frame. It not only ensures years of use but also supports up to 1000 pounds.
Moreover, it has 21 variable height positions for bar supports. You can set it as low as 17.5 inches or as high as 68 inches. Hence, both short and tall users can access the weights without much strain. High and low pulleys make this power rack pretty versatile for lower and upper body exercises. As such, it can target all major muscle groups. Furthermore, this power rack comes with 10 free accessories, giving more value for your money.
- Robust steel frame maximizes stability
- 21-position height adjustments provide easy reach
- Upper and lower pulleys for a complete body workout
- Multi-grip pulls up bar accommodate a variety of exercises.
9. Merax Athletics Fitness Power Rack – Olympic Squat Cage with LAT Pull Attachment
Merax power rack adopts a versatile design. For instance, it can accommodate over 24 exercises. At the same time, it remains stable, providing years of use. For the record, it can support up to 800 pounds. The footprint is large enough to provide ample room for full stance squats. However, it’s not overly large as to take up a lot of floor space.
Also, this power rack uses multi-grip pull-up bars. They provide multiple hand positions to accommodate a variety of exercises. Moreover, this power rack offers complete customization for weight placement. You can choose from 21 height positions, ranging from 17.5 to 68 inches. What’s more, the base comes with non-slip feet for additional stability.
- Heavy-duty steel provides strength and durability
- Multiple workout stations for over 24 exercises
- 21-position weight bar supports
- Knurled pull up bar offers superior grip and comfort
8. GRIND Fitness Chaos 4000 Power Racks – 6 Weight Plate Holders – Barbell Holder, 1500 lbs Weight Limit
Are you looking for the beefiest power rack? Well, look no further than the Chaos 4000. It can handle the most massive barbel, up to 1500 pounds. The 14-gauge steel frame is not only super strong but also durable. Black powder coating, for instance, makes it resistant to rust and scratches. Each side has 3 weight pegs to hold 45’s 35’s and 25’s and change plates. This feature keeps your rack stable and ensures easy loading of the plates.
Moreover, this power rack has safety spotter arms ideal for bench-pressing and squatting. Thanks to the multi-grip pull-up bar, it can accommodate a variety of exercises. This power rack weighs 182 pounds. Though not as portable as lighter models, it has the advantage of being more stable.
- Beefiest squat rack accommodates the heaviest barbell, up to 1500 pounds
- Heavy-duty weight pegs provide additional stability
- 14-gauge powder-coated steel provides long-life durability and support
- Multi-grip pull up for ergonomic hand positions
7. REP FITNESS PR-1000 Power Rack – Dual Pull-up Bars – Numbered Uprights 1000 lb
Ample workout space is crucial for a power rack. Well, the PR-1000 power rack takes this into account. It has 8 square feet of workout space. Hence, it offers plenty of room for full stance exercises. Also, it has two different sizes of pull-up bars for added versatility. Based on your needs, you can choose the 1.25-inch bar for a standard grip or the beefy 2-inch bar for fat-grip. Not to mention, each bar has a plastic coating to protect the knurling.
The steel uprights are numbered for accurate height selection. Overall, there are 25 height positions for the weight support bar. Well, this power rack uses a powder-coated steel frame for added durability. Not to mention, it can support up to 1000 pounds.
- Adjustable padded dip handles offer superior comfort
- Numbered uprights for accurate adjustment
- 8 square feet of ample workout space
- Two sizes of pull up bars give more grip options
6. Goplus Heavy Duty Adjustable Power Cage – Fitness Squat Cage for Home Gym, Strength Training and Muscle Building
The Goplus power rack provides an all-in-one exercise station. It measures 51 inches long, hence providing a wide walk-in design. There’s plenty of room for free side-to-side movement. Because of that, it can accommodate a wide variety of exercises. Bolted joints and a sturdy steel frame provide firm support. Though it doesn’t hold as much as most power racks, the 450-pound weight limit is still impressive. Beginners, in particular, will find it an excellent choice.
J-hooks with anti-unlocking buckles provides safety and stability when working with barbells. Goplus power rack allows you to adjust the height of the barbell as needed. Overall, it provides 18 height adjustments. Furthermore, it uses a black coating on the frame to increase the lifespan.
- Powder-coated steel frame for durability
- The wide walk-in design offers plenty of room for side-to-side movements
- Anti-unlocking buckles and J-hooks ensure safety and stability
5. ARCHON Power Cage and Attachments – Bench Press Stands
Like most power racks, this one is made of commercial-grade solid steel tubing that guarantees its stability and durability. Moreover, it has a precision ball bearing that ensures there is no wiggling or slop during the gym session. Thanks to the 11-gauge steel frame, this power rack can take a pretty good amount of weight. Fully loaded, it can support up to 750 pounds. Not to mention, it has 22-position height adjustment at 3-inch intervals. Hence, you can set the barbell bar at a height you find more comfortable.
Another feature unique to this power rack is the Curved Back Cross Member Design. It creates plenty of room, allowing benches to slide in with ease. In turn, it opens more room for a variety of exercises. Also, it has adjustable spotter arms for additional safety. This power rack comes with an Olympic barbell to hold your weights.
- Commercial-grade solid steel tubing for durability
- 4 premium ball-bearing ensure no wiggling or slop
- 8 heavy-duty pegs provide safe storage for weight plates
- The curved back design creates extra room for bench press exercises
4. PAPABABE Power Cage Workout for Weightlifting Bodybuilding and Strength Training
Are you looking for a power rack that will push you to your limits? Well, this is one model you can’t ignore. The heavy-duty 13-gauge steel frame offers superior strength and durability. Overall, it can support a massive 1200 pounds. Also, this power rack is pretty spacious and wide enough for a 7-foot Olympic bar. It uses 1.25-inch overhead pull-up bars, making it effective at building arm, shoulder, and back muscles.
Moreover, this power rack has 26 height positions for your barbell bar. Hence, it can fit short and tall users alike, up to 6 feet 4 inches. While other power racks have a hole spacing of 2 inches, this unit offers 1-inch increments. Thus, it provides more accurate height adjustments. You can expand the cage by adding Olympic bars and a fitness utility bench.
- The heavy-duty 13-gauge steel frame holds a massive 1200 pounds
- 26-position height adjustment accommodates users up to 6 feet 4 inches tall
- Large walk-in space provides more room for side to side movement
- Multi-grip pull up bar offers ergonomic hand positions
3. TDS Mega 1000 lb Rated Black Power Squat Rack
TDS Mega power rack is another high-quality option. It’s built like a tank and uses a 2-inch steel frame to support up to 1000 pounds. Also, it has pre-drilled holes for lat row attachment. Hence, it expands the number of exercises you can perform. Aside from that, this power rack has a 31-position barbell height. Well, that’s more than what most models have to offer. Not to mentioned, each hole is numbered for easy identification.
There are two plate holders at the base. Besides providing safe storage, they help maximize stability. Furthermore, the rack comes with hooks and side braces for added safety.
- 2-inch heavy-duty steel frame holds 1000 pounds
- Professionally knurled 1.25-inch front chinning bar
- 31-position heights with bold markings for easy identification
2. FORCE USA Monster G3 Power Rack – Functional Trainer & Smith Machine Combo Base
This power rack combines a smith machine, and a cable pulley system into one versatile workout system. It adopts a space-saving design, making it ideal for small apartments. Despite the size, it can accommodate over 75 different exercises. That makes it a high-ranking model in terms of versatility. Not to mention, it accepts several attachments, including lat, leg press, and stability bar.
Moreover, this all-in-one strength training system adopts a sturdy design. It can hold 770 pounds. The landmine station, a rare feature in other models, makes this power rack more effective for core training. Furthermore, this power rack comes with band pegs. They boost your repetition maximum, hence taking your powerlifting to the next level.
- Compact space-saving design
- Multiple workout stations accommodate over 75 exercises
- Multiple pegs make weight storage safe and tidy
- Band pegs to boost your repetitive maximum
- Chin-up station offers ergonomic pull-up variations
1. Happibuy Power Rack Fitness Strength Training Squat Rack Cage
At 500 pounds, this power rack doesn’t hold as much as other models out there. However, it’s more than enough to make beginners and well as professionals break a sweat. Again, the steel frame has an anti-static coating for rustproof performance. Not to mention, this power rack offers 7 square feet of workout space, making it roomy enough for side-to-side movements.
There are 21 variable positions for your barbell. You can set it to a height of between 17.5 to 68 inches. Hence, it accommodates both short and tall users. Furthermore, the rack comes complete with rubber feet. Not only do they keep the power rack from sliding but they also protect your floor from scratches.
- The anti-static coating keeps the frame free of rust
- 21 barbell heights
- Non-slip rubber feet protect your floor