While you are biking through the beautiful mountain trails or roads, you need to have the proper attire. The most important part of it is to have a pair of mountain bike shorts. These shorts have specifically been designed for biking. Thus, they make you feel comfortable at all times. Furthermore, these pants wick away moisture and sweat to keep you dry. They are also highly breathable too.
Well, you need to go through a long list of products to make the right choice. Thus, to avoid such hassles, we present to you the most reliable mountain cycling shorts brands, and feel free to explore more.
Table of the Best Mountain Bike Shorts Reviews
10. EZRUN 3D Padded Mountain Bike Shorts – Lightweight MTB Cycling Shorts
Ezrun has made this padded mountain bike short with the right materials so that you can be comfortable on the trails without compromising mobility. The shorts are from a polyester material that is lightweight and provides some resistance from the elements. This also makes it easier for you to clean the shorts after you have dirt all over them from a muddy trail.
The elastane allows you to wear it quickly without the need for buttons, buckles string, or anything else. To adjust the fit you also have an inner drawcord for the right amount of snug you want. On the inner side of the shorts, you also have padded underwear that supports you during bumpy rides.
- Since the short is quick to dry you don’t have to worry about sweat.
- The anti-bacterial property of the inner padding helps to keep bacteria growth in check.
- The ergonomic shape prevents the padding from sliding around your inner thighs.
9. Ally Men’s MTB Mountain Cycling Riding Shorts
When you buy an MTB short from a generic brand you get an integrated piece of clothing where the padding is attached to the short and can’t be removed. That puts you in an awkward position if you want to wear shorts when you aren’t riding your bike. Ally has solved this problem with its independent design. This comes with an extra piece of underwear that has the padding integrated on it. That means even if you decide to ride your bike without the shorts you can use the padding with other bottom wear. The same holds when you want to wear shorts without padding.
The Coolmax GEL pad that you get with these waterproof mountain bike shorts is highly efficient. As a matter of fact, it keeps you relaxed even after you spend hours on the trail.
- Since the shorts are water repellant you don’t need to fear mud puddles.
- The moisture-wicking property of the short keeps sweat away.
- Y2K zippers used for the pockets are durable and resilient.
8. Cycorld Padded Mountain MTB Biking Shorts for Men
Cycorld provides you with an excellent pair of shorts that can take any challenge to keep you comfy on a difficult ride. The short comes with its independent padded underwear so that you can wear both separately if you want. The padding is made from 3D foam gel that helps to give you support despite not being so thick.
It takes care of the shocks that are missed by your full suspension bike. The padding also has numerous air holes on it so that it remains breathable and your sensitive area remains cool. Due to the air holes and air channels, you don’t have to deal with a surprisingly bad odor at the end of the ride either.
- The short is made from 4-way stretch fabric so that it can accommodate sudden changes during your ride.
- Numerous pockets with breathable liners allow for ample storage.
- You get the freedom of movement due to the elastic nature of the shorts.
7. VAYAGER Loose-fit Lightweight MTB Cycling Shorts
All mountain biking shorts aren’t made equal. And this becomes evident when you compare the competition with this pair of MTB shorts. It is designed to perfection and has a dual-tone style that looks amazing when you pose with your bike for that amazing social media snap. The shorts have an elastic waistband that allows you to wear them with ease and also increases the size range.
Apart from that you also get to see several pockets on the lightweight mountain bike shorts. Hence, you can store your phone and other personal items safely. The deep side zipper pockets are extra roomy for some snacks and small tools.
- When you ride in these shorts you are safer due to the reflective strips on it,
- These shorts can be used for other outdoor activities like camping and hiking as well.
- Padding inside the shorts has multiple densities at different areas for ergonomic comfort.
6. BERGRISAR MTB Mountain Bike Bicycle Shorts for Men
If you want a pair of high-quality and premium shorts then, grab this pair from Bergrisar as soon as possible. The short is crafted from a blend of mostly polyester and spandex material. This results in a versatile piece of fabric that can stretch as you want without getting permanently altered.
When you’re riding hard on that trail you get no restriction on your movement. Hence, can deliver all the power of your calve muscles to the pedals. Due to the unique fabric, the shorts are extra durable without being bulky. Even after you put them through a lot of abuse they won’t get damaged easily.
- Fine quality stitching makes increases the longevity of these shorts.
- These breathable mountain bike shorts are water-resistant and keep the mud off you.
- For extra security of your items, side pockets have zippers.
5. Cycorld Men’s Mountain Biking Shorts – Lightweight Bike Pants
Cycorld is back at it again with another great pair of mountain bike shorts with pockets that will make your riding experience better on the trails. Around the waist of these shorts, you see the color is quite different. It is done to mark the 4-way stretchable fabric on these shorts. Due to this lycra fabric, you can do all kinds of emotions when you are on your mountain bike. Even the craziest jumps and tricks aren’t out of the range of possibility.
The rest of the shorts provide you with extreme comfort and a lot more due to their make. It’s crafted from yard-dried fabrics that are reliable and more durable than the traditional alternatives. You would be able to get more rides out of these shorts on bike parts than most other options you have tried.
- Hook and loop fasteners on the side make for a quick and easy fit.
- Since the waist-length can be adjusted, then you don’t need to worry about adding a few extra pounds.
- Highly breathable and quick to dry fabric keeps you cool.
4. ARSUXEO Men’s MTB Bike Shorts
Arsuxeo has made their Mtb shorts with a combination of 92 percent polyester and 8 percent spandex for the perfect set of features. This combination results in lightweight shorts that don’t feel bulky. Hence, allow you to do all you want at the bike park. Due to the spandex material, the short also has a fair bit of stretchability to free you from restrictions.
You don’t have to worry about sweat either since the shorts can absorb most of it and wick it away to keep you dry. That means you don’t need to divert any attention away from what’s in front of you.
- For a customized fit, you get adjustable fast tapes on either side.
- High-quality buttons give you double protection for securing the shorts.
- Water-resistant enough to keep out small raindrops.
3. Hiauspor Men’s Mountain Biking Cycling Short with Pockets
Hiauspor presents to you a pair of bike shorts that have been made with care and attention to every little detail. These shorts have incredible build quality so that they can last you for a long time. From a glance, you would be able to judge its superb sewing quality uses thick threads and short stitches for enhanced durability. Despite that, the sewing is well hidden and adds fine appreciable details to the shorts.
The shorts are also water repellent. When your bike tires cut through the mud your shorts would catch the least of it.
- For the perfect fit, these shorts have an elastic waistband.
- Loose and baggy fit is airy and comfy.
- Most importantly, it comes with reflective stripes. So, it further ensures safety on road by making you easy to spot.
2. MOCOLY Padded Lightweight MTB Riding Bicycle Shorts with Padding
Mocoly provides you with this short that is created from blending 9 parts polyester with 1 part elastane material. The result is a baggy, comfy, and lightweight pair of shorts. This allows you to hit the trail at any time of the day throughout the year. The shorts are water-resistant and hence keep your inner parts dry. Plus, it keeps your shorts away from becoming a muddy mess at the end of the ride.
Due to the light permeability of the shorts, it also soaks up your sweat. It quickly dries off to keep discomfort far away from you.
- Has triple-layered padding to prevent strain to your upper thighs.
- The foam in the padding is breathable to keep you cool.
- Furthermore, two zip pockets on the side allow you to keep your essentials secured.
1. Urban Cycling Apparel Bike Cargo Shorts with G-Tex Padded Undershorts
Urban Cycling presents to you a short that gives you extreme customization. You haven’t seen anything like this before. It has an elastic waist that gives you a great fit compared to the regular option of a drawstring. Even at the lower portion of the shorts, you get straps to customize the fit of the cuffs around the thighs.
The under the panel of the short is impressive as well. In fact, it is made of a single panel so that there is no rubbing on your skin.
- The G-Tex pad has an ergonomic design that conforms to the shape of your inner thighs.
- The 3D design of the undershorts helps to keep sweat away.
- Besides, it is completely water-resistant too for keeping any signs of uneasiness away.
Feel free and there will be no restrictions on movement. Once you wear mountain bike shorts, you will get liberty in movement during your biking activities.