Mountain biking is surely one of the most adventurous yet highly enjoyable things to do. However, anything can happen when you are biking through the mountains or doing stunts. Thus, it is very important to take proper safety precautions. Well, the most important of the safety gear is your mountain bike helmets. These helmets make use of high-quality materials in their construction. Thus, they are completely shock absorbent. In other words, it protects your head from any damage and keeps you safe.
Want something to keep your head fully protected? Then without a second thought, rely on these and check the open face bike helmets’ size to fit your head perfectly. Hence, no accidents will be a threat.
Table of the Best Mountain Bike Helmets Reviews
10. Exclusky Mountain MTB Bike Cycling Helmets for Adult, Women, and Men
To protect yourself from serious injuries you need the right gear and this cycling helmet for adults from Exclusky will meet all your requirements. The external shell of this helmet is from high impact and durable thick plastic. Hence, doesn’t get affected by extreme temperatures, sweat, and keeps you safe in case of a crash. Inside of the helmet is stuffed with EPS foam that has multiple densities in different areas to absorb as much shock as possible.
So when there is an impact, it protects your head in most situations. Hence, you can recover and get back on the trail as soon as possible. Apart from that this helmet is also designed to extend and bulge out to the back of your head. This is done to protect the weak cranial part of your head.
- With a total of 18 vents, you get maximum air cooling and ventilation.
- Metal screws allow you to attach, remove, or adjust the visor.
- Compliant with safety standards in US CPSE and EU CE.
9. OUWOR Mountain Bike MTB Helmet
Ouwor has one of the best looking and carefully constructed unisex MBT bike helmet you can find on the market. The shell of this helmet is created from dense and robust polycarbonate material. And inside that shell, you get EPS foam to absorb all the shocks. For a customized and comfortable fit, you also get a read dial. This, allows you to adjust the snug fit of this helmet.
You won’t be annoyed by a shaking and rattling helmet or one that seems to hug your skull with all its might. Lastly, it is lightweight and comes with 16 vents. So, it takes care of your comfort completely.
- Quick-release buckle lets you wear or remove the helmet quickly.
- The visor is extremely easy to detach from the helmet.
- Soft chin pad doesn’t dig into your chin nor does it compromises safety
8. Giro Fixture MIPS Dirt Bike Helmet for Adult
You may be out on a joyride or out on a brutal trail. In any situation, this universal mountain cycling helmet will be your guardian angel and work efficiently when it matters. The helmet features In-Mold construction that supports the versatile Roc Loc Sport system. Hence, you can ride on both singletrack trails and roads with confidence.
Another great thing about this helmet is its universal fit. If you are a beginner it is especially useful since without any calibration or research, then you get a helmet that fits well and provides great comfort.
- ROC LOC fit system is also compatible with your ponytail.
- Foam liner inside the tough outer shell is excellent at absorbing impacts.
- MIPS integration helps to drastically reduce rotational forces on sudden impacts.
7. GROTTICO Mountain Road Bike Helmet with Replacement Pads & Detachable Visor
Even if you have a road bike for commute, you want to take a break on the asphalt with your mountain bike after your off-road adventures. Hence Grottico has equipped this helmet with a rechargeable backlit to keep you safe. The light has three different modes including flash and wave. This alerts huge trucks and cars of your presence on the road.
Apart from that, the helmet is also created to be very safe. Plus, it has met all standards for cycling standards both in the US and the EU. You can ride your bike with confidence wherever you go.
- Comes with an extra set of inner pads for your convenience.
- Padding dries quickly to avoid bad odors.
- Most importantly, it comes with CPSC certification that clearly hints about the high-quality.
6. Fox Racing Helmet for Men & Women
Whether you want to commute to your work or go on an adventurous cross-country trail or want to test yourself at the enduro trail, this will keep you safe and secure from accidents. The great thing about this helmet is its innovative geometry. This adjustable mountain bike helmet is designed with ventilation, comfort, and safety in mind. Hence it has a streamlined design with vents located at strategic places for your ventilation during a challenging ride.
When you wear this, the sweat forms on your head from the adrenaline rush instead of a stuffy helmet design. Since there are so many vents, you can also attach a multitude of compatible gears with it including action cameras and lights. No need to miss that rare sick moment when you can record from every point of view. Moreover, with the 360-degree fit system, you get the ultimate snug fit you want.
- The XT2 liner has an anti-microbial feature to keep your helmet free from germ build-up.
- Varizorb EPS foam padding works exceptionally well to keep you comfortable.
- You can adjust the vizor to protect yourself from the sun or other elements.
5. POC Helmet for Mountain Biking
This helmet from POC allows doing everything from freerides to testing your mettle on an enduro track. It is shaped to protect the vital and vulnerable parts of your head including the back of your head and temples. You can also adjust the visor to your desired angle to keep the glaring sun out of your eyes and focus on the track.
For additional safety, POC has also equipped this helmet with their patent-pending SPIN technology. The SPIN system uses special materials to increase the overall resistance of the helmet against impacts.
- Unibody shell is extremely durable and won’t break easily.
- Weighing under a pound it is one of the lightest helmets in its class.
- Furthermore, the reinforced EPS liner and aramid bridge improve the strength greatly.
4. Giro Chronicle MIPS Dirt Cycling Helmet
Another awesome padded road bike helmet from Giro that understands your needs and is crafted to meet all challenges. Its best feature is obviously safety. Since it has MIPS technology in it, you can be relieved to know that rotational forces would be dealt with. Sudden impacts would be kept at bay due to the in-mold construction of this helmet.
The foam liner inside the polycarbonate shell is great at minimizing shocks. Hence, you can go on your ride without any worries. Due to this fused design of the external shell and internal foam liner, you get great ventilation. Well, this isn’t possible on cheaply designed helmets. This ventilation is further improved due to the Roc Loc 5 technology.
- You can adjust the vizor in calibrated steps due to the P.O.V+ system.
- Coolmax padding is plush and comfy.
- It is compatible with goggles so that you don’t have to stare at the sun.
3. Smith Venture MIPS MTB Bike Helmets
Smith Venture is a helmet that meets and exceeds all your expectations. Next, the helmet doesn’t just take care of your safety, but your fashion style as well. The greatest thing about this helmet is its core that is crafted from thermally welding thousands of co-polymer tubes.
Since each such Koroyd section is engineered to precision, you get consistent protection and impact resistance. It doesn’t just absorb extra energy from severe impacts but is breathable as well. So you stay cool and comfy.
- Available in a wide variety of colors and sizes.
- Vizor is integrated into the helmet and doesn’t need any adjustment.
- Besides, it comes with 20 optimized vents for proper breathability and airflow.
2. Bell Super 3R MIPS Full Face Mountain Bike Helmet
When you are at one of the challenging and technical trails at Whistler or Mammoth, you want a full-face helmet. This protects you from the helmets and saves your life when you crash. Bell has made an amazing full-face MTB helmet that will fulfill your requirements and deliver a lot more. Its best feature is arguably the MIPS and wraparound protection.
The multi-directional impact protection system equipped on this helmet is state of the art and uses advanced slip-leading technology. So when you meet with certain impacts, this system helps to reduce the torque experienced by your head as much as possible. The helmet is also very versatile. When you go trail riding you can remove its protective chin bar. Its 3-step connection doesn’t even need you to carry additional tools. To secure your helmet and have the perfect fit you also get quick-adjust fasteners. They help to keep the straps from curling and keep your helmet perfectly positioned.
- The Vizor system is adjustable and can accommodate both your glasses and goggles.
- The integrated camera mount is designed to break away on impact to protect your expensive gear.
- Superior air-channel matrix design directs cool air from the front to back for proper ventilation.
1. Lixada Adjustable MTB Cycling Helmet for Women and Men
When you buy a helmet you want it to be as comfortable as possible. Hence, your ride experience doesn’t deteriorate. Lixada understands this and has made a helmet that takes care of your comfort without trading safety. The helmet has a Y-S fixing strap that enhances safety and doesn’t allow your helmet to be loose or too tight.
You can further adjust the fit with the back dial. Plus, with the clear clicking noise, you can feel how the helmet hugs your face. The visor is also long enough to shade your eyes from the sun. Hence, it also protects you from flying dirt and mud.
- Inner padding can be removed for easy and effortless cleaning
- Screw on the visor allows you to remove it from the helmet when not required.
- The removable padding is indeed capable of absorbing extra shock and keeping you safe.
When you are out on the trail sharp turns, dangerous inclines and unpredictable terrain is pretty common. So, it is better to stay prepared and get yourself some useful gear. The heavy-duty mountain bike helmet is going to protect your head from unforeseen accidents.