Have you ever hauled a heavy kayak on your shoulders? Well, it can be quite a struggle. Some are long and heavy, weighing over 200 pounds. Others are unwieldy, making it a challenge to get a better grip. It gets even worse when you have to trek hundreds of meters from the parking lot to the water. So, why not save yourself all the trouble with a kayak cart. As simple as it looks, a kayak cart reduces the effort to a great extent. It’s almost a must-have, especially after an exhausting day on the water. But to reap the most benefits, you need the best kayak carts that the market has to offer.
That’s where this article comes in handy. Here, we review the best kayak trolleys that are less of a hassle to pull and can handle a wide variety of terrains. Not to mention, ones that hold up well to years of constant use.
Table of the Best Kayak Carts Reviews
10. ABN Universal Kayak Carrier – Trolley for Kayaks, Canoes, Paddleboards, Float Mats &Jon Boats
ABN kayak carrier has some incredible tweaks that make it one of the best out there. Foremost, it’s a universal carrier. Hence, it’s a practical choice for a wide variety of watercraft. High-strength anodized steel enhances durability to a great extent. For the record, it can hold up to 200 pounds. At the same time, it keeps the weight to only 8 pounds, making it easier to carry.
Moreover, the cart has 9.5-inch knobby tires. They provide smooth movement, whether on wood, gravel, or sand. Also, the cart has oversized bumper pads that keep your watercraft free of scratches and dents. After use, you can remove the tires and fold for easy storage and transportation.
- Universal design accommodates a wide variety of watercrafts
- Anodized aluminium is light but strong enough to support 200 pounds
- Oversized bumper pads protect your kayak from dents and scratches
9. TMS CART-CANOE/KAYAK-KY001 Boat Kayak Canoe Carrier Tote Trolley
You’d be hard-pressed finding a better budget kayak cart than the TMS KY001. It has a standard design but with decent construction. A V-shaped cradle holds the hull of your watercraft in a secure manner. Not to mention, it has 3.5-inch foam bumpers that keep your kayak free of damage.
Thanks to a 12-foot tie-down strap, there’s zero chance the cradle will open up. What’s more, the strap is long enough to accommodate all kinds of kayaks and canoes. The wide pneumatic tires are another handy feature. They’re flat-free and provide stable support over uneven terrain. Furthermore, the cart combines anodized steel and aluminum piping for additional strength. For the record, it can haul kayaks as heavy as 150 pounds.
- Budget kayak cart with decent construction
- 12-foot tie-down strap to secure all kinds of kayaks and canoes
- Stable, flat-free tires roll smoothly on all terrains
- V-shaped cradle keeps your kayak in one place
8. Wistar Canoe Boat Kayak Dolly Cart – Trailer Tote Trolley Transport Cart Wheel
Wistar is a solid, lightweight kayak cart. It can haul kayaks as heavy as 220 pounds. Each arm has foam bumpers to ensure your kayak remains free of dents and scratches. Also, the cart has a spring-loaded stand. Hence, it makes it quick and easy to load your craft out of the water.
Flat-free tires allow the cart to traverse all terrain. What’s more, the package includes a reinforced strap that offers a secure tie-down. The cart breaks down after use, making it easy to transport.
- The reinforced strap provides more secure tie-down
- Spring-loaded stand for quick and easy loading
- Flat-free tires traverse all terrains
- Heavy-duty construction holds 220 pounds
7. Suspenz Smart Airless DLX Kayak Carts
DLX is a great, reliable kayak cart that can handle some abuse. The frame uses powder-coated aluminum. Hence, it’s entirely resistant to corrosion, making it safe for saltwater use. Instead of foam padding, it uses more durable rubber padding. The tires don’t disappoint either. They’re puncture-proof, even when pulling over sharp rocks. Alongside durability, the tires provide excellent stability.
The arched axle is another feature unique to this kayak cart. It provides more ground clearance to avoid bumps along the way. Moreover, the cart comes with a free mesh bag for storage. Fully-loaded, it can support up to 125 pounds.
- The powder-coat aluminium frame is safe for saltwater use
- Durable rubber padding keeps your kayak free of damage
- Arched axle provides more ground clearance
- Stores easily in a free mesh bag
6. Malone Xpress Scupper-Style Kayak Carts For Sit-On-Top Kayaks
As the name suggests, this cart is suitable for sit-on-top kayaks or those with scupper holes. The cart has a solid frame that supports up to 200 pounds. Also, the scupper holders are height adjustable. So, it can easily provide the best fit for any sit-on-top kayak.
Not only can you adjust the height but also the width. Using a friction screw, you can set the width from 6.5 to 16.5 inches. What’s more, the cart has a large 6 x 4-inch removable foam pad. Thus, there’s zero chance your kayak will scratch or dent. The cart folds flat once you remove the wheels, making it easier to store and transport.
- Fully adjustable to fit all sit-on-top kayaks
- Removable foam pad prevents scratches
- The solid frame supports 200 pounds
5. AD Sportz Kayak Trolley Kayak Carts with Pneumatic Tires
The 1236 RAD kayak cart does more than save your back. It’s built to last longer. It has high-quality powder-coated aluminum piping. So, it can put up a good fight against corrosion. At the same time, it’s strong enough to support 150 pounds.
Tie-down straps keep your kayak from falling off. As for the foam bumpers, they provide excellent protection from scratches and dents. Moreover, the cart comes with 9.5-inch pneumatic tires for smooth movement. Instead of the single kickstand, the cart has a double kickstand. Therefore, it provides extra stability while loading the kayak.
- Powder-coated aluminum resists rust and corrosion
- Double kickstand for extra stability
- Tie-down straps to secure your kayak
4. Onefeng Sports Universal Kayak Cart Boat Carrier
Onefeng is among the few kayak carts with adjustable width. Using a dial, you can adjust the width from 13 to 20.4 inches. So, it can accommodate both narrow and wide kayaks. Also, the cart has two support poles that keep the kayak in one place. Each has soft rubber bumpers to prevent scratches.
The cart adopts a built-in strap system. It makes it easier to fasten the kayak. Not to mention, there’s zero chance you’ll lose it. Moreover, the cart uses lighter, plastic wheels. They’re slip-resistant and roll smoothly across different terrain. As for the weight capacity, this kayak cart can hold up to 215 pounds.
- Adjustable width to accommodate both wide and narrow kayaks
- Two support poles keep your kayak from sliding off the cart
- Lighter, maintenance-free plastic wheels
- Rugged construction supports 215 pounds
3. Wilderness Systems Heavy Duty Cart for Kayaks and Canoes
This heavy-duty cart is specially designed to haul the heaviest kayaks. It’s a high-class kayak cart, voted the best in 2018. So, in as much as it costs more, you definitely get what you pay for. For the record, this kayak cart can haul as much as 450 pounds. Well, that’s more than twice the weight limit of other models.
Moreover, this kayak cart is fully adjustable for complete customization. You can adjust the width to prevent twisting. Not to mention, it has two height options. You can set it at a full height of 18 inches for odd-shaped hulls. Alternatively, you can set it low at 16 inches for better stability. The cart uses high-grade marine frame for superior strength.
- Hauls the heaviest kayaks, up to 450 pounds
- Award-winning kayak cart 2018
- Adjustable height and width offer complete customization
- High-grade marine frame for superior strength
2. Perception Large Kayak Cart with Foam Wheels on Sand/Pavement
Perception is another kayak cart with a quality that’s above average. It’s designed to haul kayaks as heavy as 165 pounds. The cart adopts flat-free foam tires. Hence, it can roll smoothly on all surfaces. Foam bumpers, on the other hand, protect your watercraft from damage.
The cart uses a powder-coated frame. Hence, it has strong resistance against corrosion. As with all the other options on our list, you can remove the wheels and fold for easy storage and transportation.
- Flat-free foam tires run smoothly on all surfaces
- Foam bumpers to protect against dents and scratches
- The powder-coated frame offers strong resistance to corrosion
1. Malone Clipper Deluxe Universal Kayak Cart
The universal design makes it similar to the TMS cart. However, this kayak cart adopts more robust wheels. They never go flat, regardless of the terrain. And at 10 inches, the wheels are large enough to roll over obstacles.
The frame is pretty strong, supporting up to 200 pounds. Hence, it can easily haul a fully loaded canoe. Again, it has a locking kickstand for added stability. Oversized foam padding protects the boat from dents or scratches. Furthermore, the package comes with tie-down straps to secure the boat in one place.
- Extra-large 10-inch wheels roll over obstacles easily
- Locking kickstand maximizes stability
- Universal design fits the majority of kayaks
- Super-strong frame hauls up to 200 pounds